Old 02-04-2012, 08:32 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eloise View Post
Hi Terry

Thanks so much for your reply. But, the council was very strict on this replacement fence. The boundary wall, of course is stone, and as they said, "would not be allowed today."

I hadn't thought of questioning their response, I will ask on the website you suggested, many thanks.

I find their attitude outrageous, everyone should be allowed privacy and security in their garden, especially when they have children. A five foot boundary wall isn't much of a deterrent.

Thank you so much for your reply.

Eloise
My understanding (which may be wrong) is that if you are constructing a new fence, you need planning permission once it's over 2m (which is over 6ft). Therefore, the 5ft restriction sounds strange - are you in a conservation area?