Old 02-04-2012, 05:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_4_] Baz[_4_] is offline

Default Tomato seeds from sepermarket toms?

Jim xzy wrote in
. 4.11:

Would I get a crop of tomatoes if I simply use the seeds from a
supermarket tomato? If so, do they need to be dried out first, or can
you sow them while still moist, plucked straight from the fruit?

TIA

Jim

My answer is just sow them, they will come through, well most of them,
eventually.

A better idea is to buy a packet of Gardeners Delight, a growbag and a
watering can, oh and tomato feed.

I get the idea that you like to experiment. I say that because a packet of
tomato seeds costs pennies(less than a pound of tomatoes). I am not
knocking you, I like all this too.

Best wishes Jim.
Baz