Old 03-04-2012, 03:01 AM posted to rec.gardens
Kay Lancaster Kay Lancaster is offline

Default Starting seeds in a warm dark place

On Sat, 31 Mar 2012 15:17:12 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
I am planning on starting some annual seeds in trays. I can keep them
warmer in a dark area than I can in a well-lit but cooler area. I
would move them to the sunnier area as soon as they sprout, but
thought the warmth might speed up the sprouting process. Polite
comments please.

Whether or not warmth is useful, and whether or not light is required for starting
seeds depends on the seeds you're trying to grow. Cool season plants like
cabbage, for instance, often germinate poorly when the room temperature is too warm.

It would help to know what you're trying to grow.
Here are a couple of places to start:
http://tomclothier.hort.net/page11.html
http://tomclothier.hort.net/page48.html

Kay