Old 03-04-2012, 10:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default My new allotment

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
"Christina Websell" wrote ((SNIP))

However, it's quite rough atm. Even the digger did not get rid of some
of those dreadful tufts of grass and there is huge heap of the ones that
it did. 20 yards long and three feet high. Will this rot down to grow
courgettes in? she says hopefully.

Yes, especially if you cover it with plastic and plant through that.

Excellent!

We haven't attacked the brambles yet. 50 yards x 15 yards at least. How
to do it organically as that's the way we want to go? I suspect slash and
burn.

What we did was burn them down and clear up any bits that didn't. Then I
mowed and kept mowing for a season, they didn't come back the following
year.

These are serious brambles, will this work?