Old 03-04-2012, 11:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
shirleycatuk shirleycatuk is offline

Default At Last!

"Jake" wrote in message

Yeah! Decided it wasn't going to rain so went out to water things.
Sudden downpour which lasted precisely long enough for me to wind the
hose up again and get indoors soaking wet. Then it stopped raining so
I went back out and finished the watering (still soaking wet). Now
it's a "will it or won't it" time.

Our reservoirs are all decently full and we have no immediate prospect
of hosepipe bans etc., though we will continue to sympathise with our
more unfortunate English neighbours.

Actually today's been the first day this year that I've used the
hosepipe for watering and that was simply because it's time to start
feeding and it's a lot easier with the hose-end feeder than mixing the
feed up by the can-full. And before you ask, I can never leave the
hose lying around unwound when it rains because if I did the cat would
chew a hole in it in no time!

I gave Him upstairs a quick call and He said sorry for not giving me
the rain I'd hoped for but it was a case of the greatest need.
Something about the smell emanating from England because the people
there hadn't had a shower in ages. (Sorry, couldn't resist).

Cheers, Jake
Urgling happily from the east end of the temporarily damp
but still sunny Swansea Bay.

Next time could you tell Him upstairs not to mix hailstones in with the
water...we don't need exfoliation or even defoliation! :-)
--

shirley x
http://community.webshots.com/user/s...host=community