Old 04-04-2012, 01:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
AL_n AL_n is offline

Default Acacia trees - Could I grow one in Southern England?

Stephen Wolstenholme wrote in
news
On 4 Apr 2012 10:05:38 GMT, "AL_n" wrote:

I have found pictures of a tree whose shape is ideal for my needs -
namely the acacia tree, such as those illustrated he

http://tinyurl.com/79a3zha

I gather their usual habitat is in hot places such as the Middle East
and Australia. Does anyone know if one would survive and thrive in
Southern England?

Thank you,

Al

I would expect Acacia to grow in Southern England as I have one
growing in my garden in the North West. I think it's an Acacia
dealbata but I'm not sure.

Steve

That's reassuring - thanks. What colour of blossoms does yours produce? I
see there is one variety: dealbata subalpina that grows high up in snowy
mountain regions! Perhaps that's the one you have.

Al