Old 04-04-2012, 08:30 PM posted to alt.news-media,alt.politics,rec.gardens,alt.energy.renewable
PolicySpy PolicySpy is offline

Default Gardening Tips

Frank wrote:

I agree, except I don't want any trees next to my house that if they
fall down will damage the house.

Solar panels will probably not last as long as a tree and in the long
run be less efficient than the tree.- Hide quoted text -

PolicySpy writes:

The parts of the city that are a style similar to Olmstead parks have
large tree limbs growing over the house and no one worries.

But a hardwood tree gets big enough that it can be 40 feet from the
house and still shade the house and cool the yard. If fact my Shumard
Oak tree tag says that the tree gets 50 feet wide. So the tree can be
25' from the house or maybe 30' from the house. But space two trees
apart by the 50' feet spec.