Old 05-04-2012, 01:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Acacia trees - Could I grow one in Southern England?

On 04/04/2012 13:37, Charlie Pridham wrote:

The blossom colour is yellow, there are several species hardy enough for
short periods but very few survive a proper cold winter, if you want the
look and shape you could try something like Albizia julibrissin but do buy a
decent size tree as they are not so hardy when small and grow rather slowly.

If you can, try to buy A.julibrissin in flower. I bought a small var
rosea, and after waiting 10 years it finally flowered as the ordinary A.
julibrissin!

--

Jeff