Old 06-04-2012, 01:08 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Eucalyptus tree in a pot

laurap74 wrote:
I bought a beautiful Eucalyptus coccifera in a 20 litre pot, the tree
is about 1.40m tall. I would like to grow it in a pot, what pot size
do you suggest?At the moment I have potted it in a 40cm pot but it
seems too small,what do you think?Will it survive in a pot?

How much do you want it to be stunted? It naturally grows to about 6-10 m
so it idn't going to reach anything like that in a 40cm pot. Some eucalypts
manage quite well in odd situations with very little room for roots, they
can be seen growing out of cracks in cliff faces etc so it maybe OK. My
guess is that the aspect and environment will be as important as the pot
size. Don't expect it to do well indoors for example.

David