Old 06-04-2012, 12:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Judith Judith is offline

Default Wormeries - pros & cons?

On Tue, 3 Apr 2012 23:30:48 -0700 (PDT), harry wrote:

snip

Wormeries are a load of bolix.
The reason there are so many about is that there was a national
pyramid selling scam going on a few years back.
Don't waste your time and money.

Yes it is terrible how all of those people who have either bought a cheap one,
made one out of an old dustbin, made one out of scrap wood - got the worms free
from the garden - or paid a £1 from a fishing tackle shop and swear by the
result were all fooled, isn't it?

I assume that you have had a poor experience which has lead you to believe that
they are a total waste of time. You have tried one I assume? What happened?

Oh - by the way - I could not find a single reference to pyramid selling and
wormeries on Google - did you make it up?