Old 06-04-2012, 05:03 PM
dpien dpien is offline
Registered User

Location: Pretoria, South Africa

Many keen hobbyists, including myself (I'm not a commercial entity btw), have managed to even grow fully tropical plants quite successfully in this country (esp. in the south west). I'm in Manchester, which happens to be quite a haven for Camellia's of all kinds. I think this is a very interesting project for someone with many years of experience and this is the only reason why I'm a little puzzled that no UK Camellia expert (and there are many!) appears to be prioritising this extremely intriguing yellow Camellia (or if so, perhaps doing so in secret, for now anyway?), which has already entered the western markets, but not here.
It's just about become accepted that UK ppl are the European leaders in gardening excellence and improvisation. UK ppl are quite obsessed with garden plants and have proven time and time again how informed and capable they are.
As always, just an opinion, and I really hope that regular commercial UK importers may consider adding this species (or one of the sub-species/varieties in this group) to their lists in the near future.
Thanks again for everyone's comments!