Old 07-04-2012, 11:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default GW tonight.

"Sacha" wrote

Doug said:

"Bob Hobden" wrote:
Was it just me but all the talk of Dafs and I deadheaded mine last week.
Well and truly over.

Mine are dead too. There weren't so many Dafs this year but the
bluebells seem to be more and are just coming into bloom.

Most of ours are over, both in the garden and in the hedgerows. Bluebells
are out and so are some early tulips. The Alliums are pushing through
vigorously and honesty is in flower here and there. The faithful primroses
are still going.

Mentioning primroses, we had a clump a few years ago but they eventually
died. Noticed this week primrose flowers in the edge of the lawn in two
places, obviously self seeded so they are still with us. Now, where to move
them to becomes a problem, this being an increasingly dry area.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.