Old 07-04-2012, 04:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_4_] Baz[_4_] is offline

Default planting spuds

"Bob Hobden" wrote in
:

Don't worry about trampling on the soil, it's overplayed IMO. Our 20ft
wide beds are walked on with paths between rows, we just use a few
walking boards to spread the (considerable) weight. Then over winter
it's dug again. Not too late for First Earlies especially with only a
small plot and they go in a bit closer so you could get more into your
space. Have fun.

I was watching Beechgrove Garden and one of the presenters actually tramped
on the carrot bed before sowing the seed. With a root veg I would rather
not do that. But, this guy knows best and has years of experience. And I
like his manner.

Baz