Old 08-04-2012, 07:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Trugs - The Strongest Ones?

On Apr 8, 4:04*pm, Jake wrote:
On Sun, 08 Apr 2012 15:09:58 +0200, David in Normandy

wrote:
On 08/04/2012 14:35, Baz wrote:
"Racquel .(y)uk *wrote in
:

Hi All,
My handles of all my trugs eventually snap no matter how expensive
they are. Can you recommend some that you have used that are really
strong?

TIA

Blueyonder, well ok a long time has passed.

Trugs? what are they?

Baz

Baskets basically. Used for harvesting fruit and veg.
I recommend the blue plastic ones sold at Pointe Verte here in France
but may a little too far to travel. ;-)

I have a green plastic one that came as a freebie with a short-lived
gardening magazine many years ago. It outlived my "expensive" one
despite being used more. I've also got a large green plastic tool
caddy and a belt-on holder that takes three pairs of secateurs (useful
for different jobs) plus a hand fork and spade and a ball of twine
that came with the same mag. Maybe the quality of its freebies was the
reason it failed as a mag.

Cheers, Jake
=======================================
Urgling from the hardly damp east end of Swansea Bay.- Hide quoted text -

I was brought up with "Trugs" when we lived in Hastings, we used then
when we were cutting cucumbers as they held more and did no dammage to
the fruit, but that was the proper "Trug" or "Sussex Trug"
http://www.truggery.co.uk/whatisatrug.asp
I now use several of the Plastic "bucket" thing that is called a trug
by some http://www.harrodhorticultural.com/w...tub_trugs.html
Good for carying anything from compost to water, and when filled with
water great for washing the mud off my wellies.
David @ the still dry end of Swansea Bay