Old 21-04-2003, 05:21 PM
Mick709

Default Power supply ? for automibile headlight pond light

Howdy all!

Saw the posting from last week about making a home made pond light from a car
headlamp and thought I;d give it a whirl! However, my question is- what the
heck do I 'plug' it into to light up? I assume a low voltage transformer that
you use for garden lights but my momma told me never to assume ! grin So,
anyone have any ideas? And if it is a garden trnasformer, how many watts should
I get? I'm planning on getting a few garden lights so I need to know how large
of a transformer to get to power them all. ( It seems that most headlights are
about 45-60 watts and the garden lights I am looking at are 18watts , if that
makes any difference to transformer)

ANY IDEAS WOULD BE GREAT!

Mick!