Old 08-04-2012, 10:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Shrub ID appreciated!

"SueBee38" wrote

We have this shrub in our front garden and next door neighbour also has
a larger one. Have also seen it growing wild. (We are in an Oxfordshire
village).

Ours is about 4ft tall with mid green leaves and dark pink bell shaped
flowers that smell a little of cat pee! The photo is accurate but the
wind was blowing hence slight blurring (our soil is quite heavy clay
type.)

I'd love to know what it is please as I am a total novice.

|Filename: shrub.jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=14873|

Flowering currant, Ribes.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ribes