Old 09-04-2012, 05:42 AM
rhubarb rhubarb is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
I have a Broccoli plant in a pot in the greenhouse. It is about 1 1/2
foot tall and bushy. For the sake of space can I put a tie around it
to pull it together or will that not be good for it. At this point I
could probably just move it out side but what do you think?
MJ
You should be okay to transplant it now, make sure the soil you're planting it in holds moisture well. If you're worried about the occasional cold nights, put a floating row cover over it until it gets warmer. And I would not tie up the leaves, give it the space it needs. You may get side shoots after you harvest the main head.