Old 09-04-2012, 09:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David WE Roberts[_4_] David WE Roberts[_4_] is offline

Default Trugs - The Strongest Ones?

"kay" wrote in message

Racquel Darrian;955351 Wrote:
Hi All,
My handles of all my trugs eventually snap no matter how expensive they
are.
Can you recommend some that you have used that are really strong?

TIA

What do you mean by "trug"? Do you mean a flattish basket about 40cm
long and about 20cm deep with a handle over the top, which is the
original meaning of "trug". Or do you mean a deep softish plastic tub,
usually in a bright colour, with a little handle at each side, which are
now being called "trugs"?

If the latter, yes, it happens to me too. I just buy the cheapest I can
find, and regard them as expendable.

It helps if you always pick them up by both handles simultaneously
rather than yank them up by one.

Are we talking muck buckets here?
If so, calling them trugs seems an upwardly mobile marketing strategy which
may sadly work.

[Not even bunny]

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

(\__/)