Old 09-04-2012, 10:03 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David WE Roberts[_4_] David WE Roberts[_4_] is offline

Default using up autumn lawn feed

"hugh" ] wrote in message
]...
In message , Janet Tweedy
writes
In article , Derek Turner
writes
I may be wrong but I strongly suspect that there will be an autumn in
2012

Well that may be bur I strongly suspect some of these feed mixtures have a
use by date!

Wouldn't think so, but if it has it will say so on the tin.

Autumn fertiliser has less nitrogen as the idea is to stimulate root
growth. It will also probably contain a moss killer.
I regularly keep left overs from one season to the next and they seem to
work OK.
I would keep your bag til September and use an appropriate spring/summer
fertiliser now. Biggest problem is finding some rain to wash it in :-(

Ahem - which part of the currentlty very wet country are you in? ;-)

[Not even bunny]

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

(\__/)
(='.'=)