Old 09-04-2012, 03:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default The wet stuff

On 2012-04-09 12:46:49 +0100, Dave Hill said:

Well it had to happen, the rain has come back, the nice steady soft
type that will have the weeds shooting up all over the place in the
next few days.
Puddles all over the track but at least it's not running all over the
place, so should be soaking in and doing some good.
Saves me having to water the outside plants, and lets me get on with
the dahlia cuttings, pity my back wont take the work like it used to.
I get a pain under my left shoulder blade, so no form of support belt
will help.
David @ the wet end of Swansea Bay

Time for an apprentice, David? Is there a horticultural college near
you where there are students looking for work experience or day release
work? * *It's steady, fine rain here today. *The gravel under the cars
isn't wet but it's a gloomy, grey, windy and horrible day. *Amazingly,
while the nursery has had quite a few customers the tea room has been
packed to the rafters since it opened. *I think people who would go
round NT gardens, walk on the moors, take a picnic to the beach etc.,
have decided that the only antidote is a nice lunch somewhere and
forget the horrible weather!
Even the birds are trying to escape it. *I just found a tree creeper in
our bedroom!

I wouldn't call it "gloomy" or "horrible" - we need this rain and if
we have to tolerate a bit of grey cloud and wind (which is more a
gentle breeze here, I admit) then so be it. With the accumulated dust
in the air being washed out, we'll probably moan a lot more when the
rain stops and we find all the dusty streaks on the windows, cars and
the like. But the place will be a bit fresher and greener for it. And
in the meantime, there are all those indoor jobs to catch up on.

Oh, hang on a bit. Indoor jobs include the accumulated ironing....

I wish the rain would stop :~)))))

Cheers, Jake
Urgling from the nicely warm but wet east end
of Swansea Bay.- Hide quoted text -

Ironing Jake?
Just hang them up outside and the moisture will remove the creases.