Old 21-04-2003, 05:44 PM
KenCo

Default *#^!$%& Chipmunks ate liner last winter

Roger Bennett wrote:

So, this is a warning to the group, chipmunks may be cute in the garden, but
they can quickly devastate a rubber-lined pond if they figure out how to
start gnawing along an edge or a crease to drain it. Now, I have two
questions for the group:

1. Do you think chipmunks can do the same thing to Permalon?

yes, unfortunatly rodents love plastic and rubber

And:

2. How do you completely exterminate a large chipmunk village? By our
sightings, we're assuming we have over a dozen in an area of about two acres
around the house, barns/garages, and gardens. Lethal suggestions are
preferable now that the gloves are off, since they've already done several
hundred dollars worth of damage (even factory-direct wholesale, that 32'x50'
special ordered roll of .06 mil roofing rubber cost over $350.00).

try the ultrasonic sound reppelers
or
a pellet or paintball gun

We already tried mothballs last summer when the varmints started getting
thick and I bought and tried a live-trap that only caught the neighbors cat,
showing a cat prowling in our garden hasn't worked. I can't shoot them (yet)
because the Significant Other has three girls and is afraid their knowing I
was planning on assassinating the cute little forest darlings would be too
traumatic for their delicate natures to handle (gag!), and we've also got
snakes in the garden that I've finally convinced the S.O. to not make me
catch and haul off to the State Park, even if they do eat the occasional
toad or frog. The point is, I've tried everything I know of to run the
little terrorists off, short of gunfire, and some sort of reasoning to allow
that with my PETA sympathizing, S.O. would also be much appreciated.

RGB
Zone 5 (OH)

--
http://www.kencofish.com Ken Arnold,
401-781-9642 cell 401-225-0556

Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the
sending of this contaminant free message We do concede
that a signicant number of electrons may have been
inconvenienced.