Old 09-04-2012, 07:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
hugh hugh is offline

Default using up autumn lawn feed

In message , David WE Roberts
writes

"hugh" ] wrote in message
]...
In message , Janet Tweedy
writes
In article , Derek Turner
writes
I may be wrong but I strongly suspect that there will be an autumn
in 2012

Well that may be bur I strongly suspect some of these feed mixtures
have a use by date!

Wouldn't think so, but if it has it will say so on the tin.

Autumn fertiliser has less nitrogen as the idea is to stimulate root
growth. It will also probably contain a moss killer.
I regularly keep left overs from one season to the next and they seem
to work OK.
I would keep your bag til September and use an appropriate
spring/summer fertiliser now. Biggest problem is finding some rain to
wash it in :-(

Ahem - which part of the currentlty very wet country are you in? ;-)

Not very wet here - we've had about 5mm in total mostly light drizzle
all day.
--
hugh