Old 10-04-2012, 02:06 AM posted to rec.gardens
Ecnerwal Ecnerwal is offline

Default legume/clover for short, low maintenance yard?

In article ,
Ohioguy wrote:

Are there any legumes or clovers that I could incorporate into a low
maintenance yard? I have purchased a couple of short, relatively slow
growing fescue varieties, but a legume would add some nitrogen
naturally. I was thinking about white dutch clover, but then I seemed
to recall seeing some really short yellow flowers in a yard that
appeared to be a clover, vetch or something in the legume family. It
was only about half the height of dutch clover, but I can't seem to find
any seed. (probably because I don't know the name to search for)

Possibly small hop clover? That's an annual, where DWC is a perennial.

DWC is the usual small clover for lawns.