Old 10-04-2012, 10:32 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Bay Tree Help

On 09/04/2012 18:20, Hedgecop wrote:
Hi All,

I have a Bay Tree on which the leaves are turning brown and falling off.
The tree has been very healthy for the last 5 years and this has only
started happening over the last 4 months. I have tried regularly
spraying it with various bug killers but with little or no success. I
have attached some photos and would really appreciate if anyone has any
ideas as to what the problem may be and how to solve it.

Thanks

|Filename: IMG_0791 (3).jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=14883|
|Filename: IMG_0792 (2).jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=14884|
|Filename: IMG_0795 (2).jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=14885|
|Filename: IMG_0793 (2).jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=14886|

I'm amazed that people have problems with bay trees. Mine was getting
too cumbersome so I had to take a chainsaw to some of its branches! It
hasn't batted an eyelid. It grows (too well) every year and seeds itself
everywhere. There are hundreds of little self set bay trees coming up
all over the place. They are a real nuisance. One man's poorly tree is
another man's thug! Maybe a big difference is that mine is growing
directly in the ground rather than in a pot. It gets no care or
attention at all other than to cut some of its branches back every year.

--
David in Normandy.
by a filter and not reach my inbox.