Old 10-04-2012, 01:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Bay Tree Help

"Hedgecop" wrote in message

Hi All,

I have a Bay Tree on which the leaves are turning brown and falling off.
The tree has been very healthy for the last 5 years and this has only
started happening over the last 4 months. I have tried regularly
spraying it with various bug killers but with little or no success. I
have attached some photos and would really appreciate if anyone has any
ideas as to what the problem may be and how to solve it.

Thanks

|Filename: IMG_0791 (3).jpg |
|Download:
http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=14883|
|Filename: IMG_0792 (2).jpg |
|Download:
http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=14884|
|Filename: IMG_0795 (2).jpg |
|Download:
http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=14885|
|Filename: IMG_0793 (2).jpg |
|Download:
http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=14886|

Hedgecop

Most likely those two cold nights in Feb that as far as the plant was
concerned came out of the blue.

You should never spray things without knowing what the problem is, the only
pest that tends to effect bay is scale insect and spraying those is a waste
of time and effort

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs