Old 10-04-2012, 06:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Artificial Grass

On 2012-04-10 16:33:57 +0100, David in Normandy

On 2012-04-10 16:26:53 +0100, David in Normandy
said:

On 10/04/2012 16:17, Graham Bell wrote:
Have you ever thought of using artificial grass ?

Hmmmm. I could get some plastic hens to roam on it too and lay some
plastic eggs - maybe they are nice to eat with spam? Maybe have a
flower border with plastic flowers and some garden gnomes
fishing for
plastic fish in a plastic pond.

Shudder!

It would be a low maintenance "garden"! ;-)

Add some plastic flowers (and some people do) and it would be even
less
than low maintenance!

At least I wouldn't have to empty the grass box on the mower so often
when cutting it!

Not far from here there used to be an old chap who always had the most
beautiful front courtyard garden you could imagine - when viewed from
a distance - driving past. Even walking past you had to look
carefully.

He had a very large shed full of "seasonal" fake flowers and always
had daffs in March and so on. He said his secret was to buy "quality"
plants and he'd spent close on a thousand pounds on them over time.
Maintenance was a careful wash and brush up as the seasons changed.

Cheers, Jake
=======================================
Urgling from the sunny and refreshingly green
east end of Swansea Bay.

I suppose something like that almost becomes an attraction in its own
right! But it does fill me with the horrors!

Ray would just need to diversify if the idea takes off :~o

Cheers, Jake
Urgling from the sunny and refreshingly green
east end of Swansea Bay.

I'm not even going to mention that one. I can imagine the reaction now!

Would people buy the new range using plastic? ;-)

--
David in Normandy.
by a filter and not reach my inbox.