Old 11-04-2012, 07:53 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default what to do about spam from Gardenbanter

On 2012-04-10 19:59:57 +0100, Dave Hill
said:

So now we are getting Garden Banter adverts as well as doing their
work.
It'd certainly time they started sharing their profits with us here at
uk rec. gardening

It's not a gardenbanter advert, it's a post containing an advert just like
the many sent direct to urg from newsreaders, in contravention of the urg
charter on advertising.

Those who object would do better not to repeat the material thereby
giving the sender further coverage; just send a copy of the original with
its full headers so they can trace the account, with complaint to

Janet

But Janet, what about the advertising which goes the other way from urg to
gardenbanter? Is that not wrong too?

What's good for one is good for the other isn't it?

Can't have your cake and eat it too.

Kindest regards