Old 11-04-2012, 01:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Eddy Eddy is offline

Default How best to use poppy seeds?

Dave Hill wrote:
Why worry, there are over 3000 poppy seeds per gram so you can do what
you like, throw some arround in the wind, scratch somr soil for more,
find some dug soil or molehills for more, even use some in you cake
making, and you will probablt still have enoug left to do it all again
next year.

David @ the wet end of Swansea Bay.

Thanks, David, for that statistic. I can believe it.

I like a return for my efforts so I don't think I'll throw any seeds to
the wind, but if I get a mo then pickaxing into the south-facing
verge-bank along the lane and drop a few seeds in could be worthwhile.

The other possibility is in the kitchen, as you suggest. But I seem to
remember that poppy tea has its attractions! Must read up on it!

Eddy.