Old 11-04-2012, 01:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Eddy Eddy is offline

Default How best to use poppy seeds?

Bill Grey wrote:
On a local proposed industrial development siste, the topsoil was removed.
The site was dormant for a few years, and eventually it was covered in
poppies. Very beautiful, but a reminder of how poppies like to live.

Yes. They have something of a will of their own!

The Shropshire hills, where we are, is largely all sheep and cows. A
few fields are ploughed for basic crops. And I have to say I haven't
seen any poppies growing wild anywhere other than in our south-facing
barked garden. This may be the only environment round here that they
approve of.

Perhaps I should just given in and carefully distribute my cupful of
seeds over the entire garden!

At least the give the impression of a Greek island or the south of
France to these generally wet hills!

Eddy.