Old 11-04-2012, 08:33 PM
Blenny Blenny is offline
Registered User

Location: Stafford area

And another update - a local qualified gardener has had a look at it and says to cut it back 6" below the bottom infestation so I'm trying to do that with secateurs and put the pieces instantly into bin bags - it's a mammoth job and the stuff gets everywhere including in my gloves. Anyone know how infectious this stuff is? A Wisconsin advice sheet says to keep dipping your pruning shears in alcohol or 10% bleach. Does this mean I'm carrying it around on my trousers and wellies? But if I get someone to come and uproot it bodily the gloop will fly everywhere … Aargh! I don't want it spreading to the hawthorn and roses or the nearby japonica.