Old 11-04-2012, 09:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default New allotment part 2

We got some spinach, carrots and rocket in yesterday. I went with my sister
in law yesterday, she has never gardened for veggies before, and I think she
wanted me to do it.
However, I raked the ground and told her how to sow. Even with a line she
made some wavy drills, and I said she could leave them like that if that's
how she wanted the plants to come up, so she started again. Being blonde
doesn't work with me ;-)
I phoned the beekeeper. He wants a plot along with his bees (which he says
is too late now, I don't think so, he could get a May or June swarm easily)
The thing is that I do not know him. I have offered him room for three
hives, the room he doesn't have atm.
It's up to him. I don't want to offer him a plot yet.