Old 12-04-2012, 02:07 AM
uriel13 uriel13 is offline
Registered User

[/quote]

Hi All,

I will be spreading used coffee grounds around my Brassica, beets, and carrot this season to deter slugs. In the case of carrot I am wondering in the aroma of coffee will disorientate the carrot fly by blocking the scent of thinned out carrots.

I've never tried this before but think it worthy of a trial, I have tried garlic solution and just about everything else to no avail. I have a source of used coffee grounds from a local coffee shop, all I do is supply the plastic bags.

I use these spent coffee grounds in my compost bins they seem to interact well with EM's within the bins as the compost breaks down very quickly.

Just thought I would pass this on for anyone else who wishes to try this out, however I would suggest mist spraying these grounds in hot weather to ensure that the aroma is in the air around the carrots.

The mind is like a parachute its totally useless unless open.