Old 11-04-2012, 10:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default can someone please id these please

On 10/04/2012 19:28, lfc2dogs wrote:
im new on here so hello everyone, i have moved to a new house at the end
of last year so this is my 1st spring in my new large garden. after i
have cut all the brambles down i noticed something sprouting and has
spread really fast, iv searched everywhere to find out what it is and
had no joy. the plant is all connected under ground on a massive root,
sprouts red then turns green with longish thin green leaves. trying to
load pics for you to help id them

I'm unable to see your pic, but wonder if your plant could be Japanese
Knotweed? In this area, it is just starting to push its strong red
shoots up through local pavements and gardens. It certainly has a
massive root system. Although the leaves are not considered narrow, the
young red shoots may appear to be so as they unfurl. If it is, you need
to get rid of it as soon as possible.

--
Spider
from high ground in SE London