Old 12-04-2012, 04:39 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfc2dogs View Post
i have not got a clue what your all on about with posting on sites, i struggled putting the pics on this site. thanks for all the help on my problem. i have took some new pics and will post on here but not sure how to put links on sorry, but if i find out how to i will
Gardenbanter is not a gardening website. It is simply a postbox. It took your posts and posted them to a gardening newsgroup called uk.rec.gardening. It takes all the posts from uk.rec.gardening and copies them on to gardenbanter - including all the posts from people who post direct to uk.rec.gardening (which you'll recognise because gardenbanter calls the "external posters")

However, when gardenbanter sends your post to uk.rec.gardening, it doesn't bother to send the pictures.

This is a problem for you since most of the people who can answer your question are on uk.rec.gardening - they use proper newsreader software to read uk.rec.gardening, and so don't need to come anywhere near gardenbanter.

If you look at the top of the page, under the word gardenbanter it says "a web gateway to the finest gardening newsgroups". And at the top of this section there's a "sticky" which describes what uk.rec.gardening is.

If you want to put a link on, just copy the link and paste it into your post. I don't know enough about gardenbanter to know how it displays the url, which is why I suggested using Flickr instead, because that was designed so that people could send their friends links to photographs