Old 12-04-2012, 09:21 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Sean Straw Sean Straw is offline

Default Cold Weather

On Thu, 12 Apr 2012 14:34:48 -0400, Ecnerwal
wrote:

Got peas poking up and lettuce/spinach seedlings out in the garden. Will
be planting the "shallots from seed" into the cold frame Saturday,

Elaborate - actual seed, or starts?

I've planted several hundred - weather last year didn't yeild great
shallots, so those I got, I saved for replanding. Filled a 6x12 cell
tray with them (just so they can start rooting, and I'll xplant the
individual soil plugs later), a small wooden planter, and half of a
4x8 foot raised bed (which already has several that are bunched to a
couple dozen apiece). My wife is going to be wondering what to do

I'm north of San Francisco.