Old 13-04-2012, 11:28 AM
rockitdog rockitdog is offline
Registered User

Angry no dig ground elder eradication?

i've had the dubious pleasure of renting a property that has a severe ground elder problem (approx 4/5 of the garden completely covered) but i suffer from 2 frozen shoulders, so digging is not recomended. i've also got neighbours that are trying to sell their property so i don't want to cover the garden with carpet as it's going to look really pikey and not please my neighbours.

can i kill this horrible stuff with weedkiller alone? so far i've tried SBK stump and root killer which seems to knock it back a little but nowhere near enough, glycophosphates don't even touch it.

if it was my own place, i'd spend the cash on removing the whole garden and starting afresh.

i know the best thing to do is move, but trying to find a rental property that accepts pet dogs is like looking for rocking horse dung... anyone got any helpfull advice?