Old 13-04-2012, 03:33 PM
BlackThumb BlackThumb is offline
Registered User

Location: England
Default What is the 'age' of plant cuttings?

Hello. I was wondering how 'old' a cutting from a plant would be. As an example:

Imagine you have a five year old plant, that is old enough to produce fruit. If you took a cutting from this plant, would you have to wait five years for that cutting to produce fruit?

The reason I am asking is because I am buying a Coffee Arabica which is one year old. However, they don't produce beans until four-five years and was wondering if producing a couple of cuttings from it would be make them a year behind.