Old 13-04-2012, 04:24 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default Garlic growth

Joanna Onion wrote:

Hi

New here and hope someone can help me. Last year I did not dig my garlic
up in time. Now there are lots and lots of leaves coming up where the
garlic cloves were planted.

What can I do with these? Do I dig them up and plant them elsewhere or
leave them? If I do leave them where they are, will they grow into large
bulbs again?

Thanking you!

moving or dividing them is not the best thing
to do, so might as well wait and divide them
later.

small garlic cloves taste just as good as large
cloves. harvest it when it's done. replant
the largest cloves for next season at a better
spacing and all should be set.

songbird