Old 13-04-2012, 01:55 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Figs 'n ice cream

Farm1 wrote:
My figs are ripe. Not enough to make jam or do anything substantial
with this main crop, but enough to enjoy fresh figs and ice cream.
Delish.

We have been bottling pears, some apples and quinces. Must go and collect
feijoas tomorrow.

My basil has been nipped by an early frost, my feral pumpkin vine has
had it's tips cut back but has a huge big Queensland Blue pumpkin on
it so the frost will sweeten that up

Liquid ambers are at yellow, mullbery almost bare.

Now it's just a matter of time before the real cold sets in, ubt at
least I got some figs.

We have apples, all the citrus and medlars to go.

David