Old 13-04-2012, 01:11 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Pat Kiewicz[_2_] Pat Kiewicz[_2_] is offline

Default Electric Mowers

said:

Self propelled electric mowers seem like the obvious way to go, IF
they have the published longevity to complete a mowing, etc.

The published specs are just within limits of my new house, etc.

Informed advice and comments will be most welcome and thanks ...

I've got a Worx 19" 24v mower (not self propelled) and it has far
more than enough charge to do my lawn (probably over7000
square feet total, generously allowing for the buildings, garden beds
and hardscaping). This includes the occasional times when I've had
to mow the thickest parts of the lawn twice to properly mulch it
when forced by rain to let it grow too long.

I also have a Worx electric leaf shredder.

Both of these have been far, FAR better than the products (electrics
by other manufacturers) that they replaced--much sturdier, easier
to use, and more powerful. And the Worx mower has never failed
to do the whole lawn on one battery charge (where others have).

Worx make a self-propelled cordless electric mower, and if
you go by the web reviews for it (and my experience with the Worx
products I own) you should definitely consider it.

http://www.worxtools.com/US/Pacesetter_Mower-
P1568.aspx#reviews

I prefer electric mowers. Less noise. Less waste. Bring the battery
in over the winter, charge it before the mowing season starts and
you are good to go.

--
Pat in Plymouth MI

"Yes, swooping is bad."