Old 13-04-2012, 04:40 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockitdog View Post
i've had the dubious pleasure of renting a property that has a severe ground elder problem (approx 4/5 of the garden completely covered) but i suffer from 2 frozen shoulders, so digging is not recomended. i've also got neighbours that are trying to sell their property so i don't want to cover the garden with carpet as it's going to look really pikey and not please my neighbours.

can i kill this horrible stuff with weedkiller alone? so far i've tried SBK stump and root killer which seems to knock it back a little but nowhere near enough, glycophosphates don't even touch it.

if it was my own place, i'd spend the cash on removing the whole garden and starting afresh.

i know the best thing to do is move, but trying to find a rental property that accepts pet dogs is like looking for rocking horse dung... anyone got any helpfull advice?
When you say "glyphosate doesn't touch it" - what exactly did you do? Did you apply at the recommended strength or stronger? How long did you leave it before deciding it hadn't worked? What time of year did you apply it?