Old 13-04-2012, 05:07 PM posted to rec.gardens
Higgs Boson Higgs Boson is offline

Default Cold and damp

This is an absolutely meaningless message that I feel safe to post
only because I'm among friends (I hope!)

It's April 14. Cold, damp, rain or threatening. In So. Calif
coastal, we have -- or had, before global warming -- several late
spring months that dismay tourists who were expecting fabled Calif.
beach weather. "Gray May" and " June Gloom" are caused by ocean
weather patterns.

Now the damn things seem to have advanced into April. Have to wait
and see. Not that the rain isn't welcome,
since this is basically a desert area. It blossomed/exploded into a
megalopolis (sp?) thanks to the "Chinatown"
importation of water from upstate by Mulholland. Would have been
neat to live here in the 20's and 30's, when the smell of orange
blossoms filled the air, and there was no traffic, and, and, and..
(Yes, of course there were downsides.)

I need to get out into the garden -- plant some more vegs and weed,
weed, weed. Big chicken huddles in the house...

HB