Old 13-04-2012, 05:33 PM posted to rec.gardens
Nanzi Nanzi is offline

Default Canna Question

Last fall Hubby dug up, with lots of soil around it, our President canna. It stayed under the house til
2 weeks ago. We brought it in to give it a good headstart on growing. It goes outside during the day and
back in overnight. Instead of 1 or 2 spikes coming up, there are 12 or 13, now with leaves about 6 - 8 inches high.

My question is, are they all their own separate bulbs that I can separate? I was thinking of washing all the
soil off and seeing what is there. Or does someone know if they are all shoots off the same bulb? I would
love to have all these to decorate the yard with, but not at the expense of killing them.
Thanks for the help.