Old 13-04-2012, 10:40 PM
BlackThumb BlackThumb is offline
Registered User

Location: England
Default Cheapest way to keep at 15-22 degrees celcius?

Hello,

I would like to buy a cocoa tree seedling, but they need to be kept at 15 c minimum. We have the heating on in our house as little as possible, and during the winter night, use an electric blanket.

It also needs to be humid. The easiest way would be to stand it over water, but what about heating it? I don't have a green house, but I do have a conservatory (incase that's any help). I was hoping for the cheapest way to keep it heated (if possible). Portable heaters are too expensive to run.

If you don't think it's possible to keep a plant warm cheaply, I guess I'll have to leave it .