Old 14-04-2012, 01:13 AM posted to rec.gardens
F Murtz F Murtz is offline

Default Canna Question

Nanzi wrote:
Last fall Hubby dug up, with lots of soil around it, our President canna. It stayed under the house til
2 weeks ago. We brought it in to give it a good headstart on growing. It goes outside during the day and
back in overnight. Instead of 1 or 2 spikes coming up, there are 12 or 13, now with leaves about 6 - 8 inches high.

My question is, are they all their own separate bulbs that I can separate? I was thinking of washing all the
soil off and seeing what is there. Or does someone know if they are all shoots off the same bulb? I would
love to have all these to decorate the yard with, but not at the expense of killing them.
Thanks for the help.

If you google "separate canna" they have lots of answers.