Old 14-04-2012, 11:38 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Moonraker Moonraker is offline

Default fence query

On 14/04/2012 11:20, David WE Roberts wrote:

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
I have a bit of a problem.
Very small garden, 25 years of growing, much in pots, needing frequent
replacement of compost, and thus getting rid of old stuff.
Until 8 years ago I could take it up to the allotment and dump it
there. Having had to give up driving I can no longer do that.
Hence the level of my garden has risen somewhat. The soil is rising up
against a new fence I had put in 2 years ago. I had it installed
quite low in order to keep next doors rabbit out!
What I think I need is some pieces of rigid plastic, about 8 - 10
inches high and the length of a fence panel, ie 6 feet, which I could
push down into the soil on the fence line, to hold back the soil, just
to protect the fence.
In your tours of fencing suppliers etc have any of you seen anything
like this or is there anywhere I can get such a thing.

Pam in Bristol

You can get green plastic edging designed to go for instance round the
edge of a lawn.
IIRC this is wiggly and about 6" high.
Two layers of that, overlapping, should give you your 8-10" high.
If you haven't yet got to the full height, put one row in then add
another as the soile gets higher.

You can also get concrete "boards" designed to keep the wood fencing off
the ground and reduce rotting. How about those?