Old 14-04-2012, 09:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
NT NT is offline

Default fence query

On Apr 14, 6:15*pm, Pam Moore wrote:
On Sat, 14 Apr 2012 09:26:12 -0700 (PDT), harry
wrote:

On Apr 14, 11:04*am, Pam Moore wrote:
I have a bit of a problem.
Very small garden, 25 years of growing, much in pots, needing frequent
replacement of compost, and thus getting rid of old stuff.
Until 8 years ago I could take it up to the allotment and dump it
there. *Having had to give up driving I can no longer do that.
Hence the level of my garden has risen somewhat. The soil is rising up
against a new fence I had put in 2 years ago. *I had it installed
quite low in order to keep next doors rabbit out!
What I think I need is some pieces of rigid plastic, about 8 - 10
inches high and the length of a fence panel, ie 6 feet, which I could
push down into the soil on the fence line, to hold back the soil, just
to protect the fence.
In your tours of fencing suppliers etc have any of you seen anything
like this or is there anywhere I can get such a thing.

Pam in Bristol

I wish you lived near to me. *Old compost is excellent stuff to go on
the veggie garden :-)
Won't a neighbour take it away for you?

There is someone who will take some of it, but it's not the same as
just bunging a sack in your own boot! *We have a bank of shrubs
between the housese and the road and i empty some there. *Nobody
objects but there's a limit!

Pam in Bristol

bag it & freecycle it. Thre's always a grateful taker.

NT