Old 15-04-2012, 08:25 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Climber ideas

In article ,
In article ,
Janet wrote:

Golden hop? Vigorous but all topgrowth die in winter.

Thanks - I really should have thought of that. It certainly would
work.

Jeff Layman wrote:

Clematis uncinata is evergreen, unusual, and scented. I got mine from
Great Dixter about 7 years ago. It's survived despite not being fully
hardy, but may be a bit too vigorous for you once it gets going.

Thanks. That's worth investigating.

I assume that Jasminum officinale isn't evergreen where you are, but it
might be worth a go anyway.

I have it elsewhere, and the problem is the accumulation of old
stems - you are right that it isn't evergreen, but it would flower
better in this location than where I have it.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.