Old 21-04-2003, 07:08 PM
The Devil's Advocate

Default sick azalia

May be as it is a newish introduction to the garden it needs a bit more tlc
than an established plant

"conkbrite" wrote in message
: We are six weeks into a drought here (never heard of before!). However,
: other people's azaleas are blooming. Yes, water may be the problem.
:
: "The Devil's Advocate" wrote in
: message ...
: Just off the top of my head I would say not enough water. Does that
sound
: feasible?
:
:
: "conkbrite" wrote in message
: ...
: : We planted an azalea last season in a rather shady spot; peat was
mixed
: in
: : with the neutral to slightly acidic soil.
: : It is just starting to flower, but is not too happy, and in particular
: has
: : some leaves going yellow with black/brown patches (looks rather like
: black
: : spot). Does anyone know the problem (and the cure)? Thanks.
: :
: : David B
: : Valanec
: : 29460 HANVEC