Old 15-04-2012, 04:55 PM
Fugly Jowls Fugly Jowls is offline
Registered User

Default Topiary plant advice

Hi all. Hope you can give me some advice. I have inherited two gorgeous chimney pots which I have placed either side of my front door. I want to plant something which will look good all year round but will look impressive. My main thought was perhaps a box lollipop style topiary or similar. My local garden centre has various types which would look good eg bay, lavender, rosemary, margeurite and a conifer but all of them have "sun" or "full sun" on planting labels. My house is north-facing and hardly gets any sun at all. It is quite sheltered - if we have a frost it doesn't normally come right up to the door.

So can anyone advise which plants would suit this position best. Topiary trees are very expensive so I would hate to kill them off through choosing the wrong ones

Thanks